Thursday, July 29, 2010

Blythe Doll Challenges

This month Tanya S and I decided we were going too set ourselves a few challenges.

The first challenge was to enter the Blythedoll.com competition.
Each month a theme is set.
The work is then selected and uploaded by the editorial department.
Then a lucky someone is rewarded each month with the "Junko's select award" in which they receive a Junie Moon original Blythe doll dress.
It can be any form of art, illustration, sculpture, handicrafts, you name it all you have to do is take a photograph and upload it.

July's theme was "Stripes and Marine" and the winner is notified on the 5th day of the following month. You can also go through all of the submissions and winners of the previous months entries.
These are our submissions for this months theme:







The Second Challenge we have joined in on is the "Plastic Paradise Island Couture Challenge".

The first challenge they have set is the following:

In this day and age of reuse and repurposing, we thought it would be fun too see if Blythe owners could get into the act and whip up some classy couture for their doll from paper or plastic. You can use old magazines, tissue paper, sandwich baggies, trash bags, construction paper, food wrappers, bottles, grocery bags and or anything that you would find that would qualify as paper or plastic. Your items can be glued, sewn fused and have embellished with trim, buttons, sequins, beads or anything else you can think of to use. The categories for the contest are as follows:

1. Paper Couture

2. Plastic Couture

3. Mixed Media Couture (meaning a combination of the 2)

I am yet to start my design, I was going to do paper, then plastic, then paper, then plastic...

I just cant decide...

3 comments:

  1. I love your submissions for the blythedoll.com competition. Good luck, I hope you win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for adding my blog to your blog roll, I added yours to mine as well :) I love your blog ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous. I love this post and just collected this superb cuty doll at PIJ. I am really delighted to get this just in a week. :D
    http://bit.ly/blythejp

    ReplyDelete